About Rural Vermont:
Rural Vermont’s mission is to lead the resurgence of community-scale agriculture through education, advocacy, and organizing in support of Vermonters living in deep connection to one another and to the land that nourishes us all.
The Operations Director spearheads managing the day-to-day operations of Rural Vermont and works with other staff to build a thriving organizational culture and effective support of community-scale agriculture across the state.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and perform administrative functions, including financial reports, staff orientation, payroll, Salesforce (consumer management software)
- Maintain and perform website design, updates & maintenance
- Oversee bookkeeping, deposits and financial records
- Manage paper and electronic filing systems
- Manage all service, insurance and other business-related accounts
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors
- Collect mail, take phone messages, and coordinate responses amongst staff
- Manage Rural Vermont merchandise and orders
- Manage Rural Vermont’s donation receipts and thank you process for members
- Help develop an operating budget, cash flow and manage fiscal and legal matters, in coordination with Development Director and Board of Directors
- Support fundraising and communications efforts, including tabling, social media, mailing and appeals
- Ensure office supplies are re-stocked and available to staff; assist in shared office maintenance tasks
- Attend weekly staff meetings, quarterly board meetings and annual meeting
- Assist with event coordination, volunteer management and programming for Rural Vermont members; special projects, as needed
- Participate in strategic planning with staff and Board to develop and implement the mission of Rural Vermont
- Demonstrated experience in operational management, financial records, office management & database management
- Strong proficiency in using Microsoft Office, Google Suite & Squarespace
- Interest or experience in a sociocratic/cooperative operating structure
- Excellent communication skills and creative problem solver
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to develop timelines and ensure timeliness with all financial procedures
- Flexible; be able to manage varying workloads and make necessary decisions on tasks
- Reliable vehicle for travel
- Ability to be in the office in Montpelier weekly, some remote work available
- Commitment and knowledge of Vermont’s food systems, farms, social justice and the mission of Rural Vermont
- IT support
- Volunteer management
- Communications, including social media experience
Compensation: 25 hr. /week. Beginning pay $21-$24 range. Paid time off and flexible schedule.
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Coco Moseley at email@example.com. Priority given to materials received by May 18. Interviews will be scheduled via Zoom.
Timeline: Start date of early June 2020.