Full Time: 35-39 hours/week
The Rutland Co-op’s Assistant Manager is responsible for helping run the day to day operations of our twenty-five-year-old business as it continues to grow and flourish. This person collaborates with the General Manager in hiring, training, educating, motivating, and general overseeing of the entire staff.
This individual will work in conjunction with staff and management, board members, owners, and the community to achieve multiple goals. He/she reports directly to the General Manager.
Responsibilities: Include but are not limited to:
- Provide world class customer service to the community.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of a retail food business.
- Help monitor and manage between 19 and 25 employees.
- Manage and update schedules, contact information, and other human resource related duties as necessary.
- Actively partake in management conversations and staff meetings that help shape the business.
- Help the General Manager create and implement policies and procedures to better operations.
- Work within the confines of a limited budget to achieve results.
- Review and assist with payroll, membership data, invoices, and other financial documents.
- The opening and closing of the store, all types of banking, and check writing.
- Operate a register
- May serve on and assist with different board/management committees.
- Collaborate with Co-op department managers and buyers to help find ways in which to effectively purchase, display, price, and promote products.
- You must be an effective communicator and have proven experience and ability with MS word or equivalent, email, Excel, QuickBooks, and other forms of business communication.
- You must possess the ability to think creatively and inspire creativity among staff.
- You must have a high level of organization to keep on top of multiple projects and deadlines.
- You have experience or knowledge of local, organic and sustainable foods.
- Some working knowledge of the cooperative business structure and values.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements, and budgets.
- You are a self-motivated, independent worker who can take ideas and run with them without needing constant guidance. At the same time, you also work well with various personalities to accomplish common goals.
- At least two years of management experience in a retail food store.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- You must be punctual, enthusiastic and set a positive example for co-workers
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service
- May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme heat for short periods of time
- May travel periodically for meetings or trainings
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads
Compensation and benefits to be further discussed upon interview.