The Rutland Co-op’s Health and Beauty (or HABA) Manager is responsible for the successful operation and profitability of our growing health, wellness, and herb/spice departments. The HABA Manager may also fulfill other management duties, including manager-on-duty, cross-training with other department managers, and serving as an alternate. Department managers are expected to be able to perform all the necessary functions of a cashier and/or stocker. The HABA Manager collaborates with other Co-op staff, Co-op members, and the community to address their wants and needs. He/she reports directly to the General Manager.
Responsibilities- include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Prompt follow-up to customers suggestions, requests, special orders or inquiries.
- Preform day to day functions of a retail grocery business.
- Select product in accordance with the Co-op’s product selection guidelines.
- Purchase, receive, stock, price, merchandise, and maintain the HABA and gift departments.
- Ensure maintenance, cleanliness, and organization of work areas, storage, and equipment.
- Manage and update advertisements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for various outlets.
- Work within the confines of a limited budget to achieve results.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with multiple local and national producers.
- Communicate with local vendors to create opportunities for in-store demos/promotions to increase product awareness and sales.
- May serve as manager-on-duty or fulfill other management responsibilities as needed.
- Effective communication skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel and email.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Proficient math skills.
- At least one year of buying or merchandising in a retail or health food store.
- Knowledge of trends in the health and wellness industry and some expertise with tinctures, supplements, and homeopathic remedies.
- Some experience or knowledge of the cooperative business structure and values as well as local, organic, and sustainable foods.
- A basic understanding of financial statements and budgets
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- You must be punctual, dependable, and show the ability to apply judgement, interpret and follow directions, solve problems and seek guidance when appropriate.
- Works in a fast-paced environment with a focus on customer service
- May work in environments of extreme cold and extreme heat for short periods of time
- May travel periodically for meetings or trainings
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel and squat
- Must be able to push, pull, and maneuver heavy loads