The Woodstock Farmers Market is a bustling year-round fresh market of fantastic food which generates over $9 million in annual sales. We’re a classic “small giant”: while our footprint is modest, we have created a dynamic fresh foods market with many facets—from our varied national and regional specialty products and our commitment to local produce and meats to our prepared foods kitchen and catering department to our customer service focused staff.
- Zero Waste Theory--Be flexible and responsive in using foods transferred from other departments in the organization, maintaining a WFM store-wide zero waste policy. This means often using existing products for meals, not necessarily purchasing ingredients for recipes.
- Communication – Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person. Attending meetings on time. Being execution oriented; doing what you say you’d do in a given time constraint.
- Coordinating While Cooking--Must be able to prioritize issues while supervising and performing cooking activities.
- Cooking in Quantity— accurately cook in quantity following WFM recipes.
- Conducting Training for Personnel-Training is the backbone of our organization. Sous Chef must work with Operations Leader to mentor, instruct by example, coach and teach others in a calming and informative manner.
- Sanitation and Maintenance of Equipment and Facilities for State Regulatory Compliance—Must understand all state and federal sanitation practices as well as those at WFM. . Must be very clean and understand the importance of high sanitation on an everyday basis. Must be proficient in use of most standard commercial kitchen equipment.
Training: Will train with Chef—Operations Leader and Chef—Deli Service Leader. Must learn all aspects of the food production during training: Dish Station, Sandwich Unit, Entrée making, Deli Salad making, Opening operations, Closing operations, Catering.
Education –This job requires a minimum of 2 years in a similar work environment, with significant responsibility. We prefer a 2 – 4 year culinary education and /or 2 or more years of higher education.
Time Commitment—This is a full time job. We estimate about 40-50 hours/week. At least one weekend day is required. Holidays and summer time are our busiest times and require planning and commitment.
Salary depending on experience