(413) 586-4593 x29
1 Short Street
Northampton, MA 01060
||New England Director||ccoffinREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@farmland.org||(413) 695-4653|
- Land access / conservation
- Goal 4: Options for farmers to reduce their production expenses will be widely disseminated and utilized.
- Goal 5: Agricultural lands and soils will be available, affordable, and conserved for future generations of farmers and to meet the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Goal 7: Local food production—and sales of local food—for all types of markets will increase.
- Goal 8: Vermont’s dairy industry is viable and diversified.
- Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Goal 14: Safe edible food typically thrown away will be rescued to feed people, and organics from farms (e.g., manure) and consumer food scraps will be diverted from landfills and waterways to produce animal feed, compost, and feedstock for anaerobic digesters.
- Goal 22: Food system enterprises will minimize their use of fossil fuels and maximize their renewable energy, energy efficiency, and conservation opportunities.