Erica is an experienced writer and communications/PR consultant with a background in journalism and public relations. Clients include the University of Vermont, Seventh Generation, Efficiency Vermont, Middlebury College, Vermont Technical College, and the Vermont Farm to Plate Network. She is a contributing writer for Forbes Travel Guide, Stratton Magazine, Cabot Cheese, and Ski Vermont/All Mountain Mamas. Founder of HappyVermont.com, a travel blog celebrating the Green Mountain State.
- General food system education
- Colleges / Universities
- Adult / continuing education
- Internship / Apprenticeship / Mentorship programs
- Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Goal 16: Vermont K-12 schools, Career and Technical Education Centers, and institutions of higher education will offer a wide range of curricula, certificate and degree programs, and conduct research aimed at meeting the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Goal 17: The number of locally owned and operated food system businesses in Vermont is increasing.
- Goal 18: Vermont’s food system establishments will provide safe & welcoming working conditions, livable wages, & have access to a skilled, reliable workforce.
- Goal 24: Vermont’s governor, legislature, and state agencies will champion Vermont’s food system as an economic development driver for the state and Vermont will demonstrate national leadership on food system development.