Richard is the co-founder and Executive Director of Food Connects. He has been leading food system development work in the Windham County area since 2008. Richard holds a M.A. from SIT Graduate Institute in Sustainable Development with a focus on Food Security for Vermont, as well as a Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management from Marlboro College Graduate School. Berkfield was named one of Vermont’s Rising Stars by Vermont Business Magazine in 2014. He and his family enjoy growing and preparing as much of their own food as possible, though as work demands increase, he better understand the saying that "The cobbler’s children have no shoes."
Kristen Thompson is the Marketing Coordinator at Food Connects in Brattleboro, VT. Learn more about Food Connects at https://www.foodconnects.org/
- Support organization: Marketing
Food Distribution or Storage
- Support organization: Food Distribution or Storage
Food Access and Nutrition
- Community / public garden
- Child meal site / nutrition programs
- Support organization: Food Access and Nutrition
- General food system education
- Farm to School programs
- Internship / Apprenticeship / Mentorship programs
- Adult / continuing education
Business Planning and Technical Assistance
farm to school, farm to community, farm to institution, food access, food distribution
How two white-led organizations are tackling food justice.