599 St. Albans Road
Swanton, VT 05488
Hudak Farm now produces our own quality compost and compost-rich planting mixes for gardens, raised beds and containers right here in St. Albans, Vermont.
- Maple syrup
Food Processing or Manufacturing
- Specialty foods / snacks
Retail Food Outlets
- Farm stand / farm store
- Compost producer or supplier
Organic mixed vegetables, maple syrup, garlic, honey, pickles, compost
- Goal 1: Consumption of Vermont-produced food by Vermonters and regional consumers will measurably increase.
- Goal 2: Consumers in institutional settings (e.g., K-12 schools, colleges, state agency cafeterias, hospitals, prisons) will consume more locally produced food.
- Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Goal 7: Local food production—and sales of local food—for all types of markets will increase.
- Goal 8: Vermont’s dairy industry is viable and diversified.
- Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Goal 11: Vermont’s food processing and manufacturing capacity will expand to meet the needs of a growing food system.
- Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.
- Goal 14: Safe edible food typically thrown away will be rescued to feed people, and organics from farms (e.g., manure) and consumer food scraps will be diverted from landfills and waterways to produce animal feed, compost, and feedstock for anaerobic digesters.
- Goal 15: All Vermonters will have access to fresh, nutritionally balanced food that they can afford.