||Area Chef||rob.macfarlaneREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@sodexo.com||(802) 318-8001|
As a lead culinary representative for Sodexo, serving over 20 Vermont colleges and institutions I play and active role in the sourcing and purchasing of food for each campus. I also do a great deal of training at each campus as well as sourcing labor.
Network Groups: Aggregation and Distribution
Retail Food Outlets
- Dining service / cafeteria
- Internship / Apprenticeship / Mentorship programs
- Goal 1: Consumption of Vermont-produced food by Vermonters and regional consumers will measurably increase.
- Goal 2: Consumers in institutional settings (e.g., K-12 schools, colleges, state agency cafeterias, hospitals, prisons) will consume more locally produced food.
- Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.
- Goal 15: All Vermonters will have access to fresh, nutritionally balanced food that they can afford.
- Goal 16: Vermont K-12 schools, Career and Technical Education Centers, and institutions of higher education will offer a wide range of curricula, certificate and degree programs, and conduct research aimed at meeting the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Goal 17: The number of locally owned and operated food system businesses in Vermont is increasing.
- Goal 18: Vermont’s food system establishments will provide safe & welcoming working conditions, livable wages, & have access to a skilled, reliable workforce.
- Goal 24: Vermont’s governor, legislature, and state agencies will champion Vermont’s food system as an economic development driver for the state and Vermont will demonstrate national leadership on food system development.