||Owner||chrisREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vermontfarmtours.com||(802) 922 - 7346|
Chris runs Vermont Farm Tours, a small culinary tour outfit. Vermont Farm Tours provides guided farm, wine, and cheese tours, food pairing events, and cheesemaking workshops. Driving and cycling tours introduce individuals and groups to a variety of food producers in Northern Vermont. Tasting good food with the person who made it on the soil it comes from is a memorable experience, and a powerful way to experience Vermont's agricultural story. Chris also serves at the vice president of Slow Food Vermont.
- Agriculture and culinary tourism
farm tour, cheese tour, wine tour, cheesemaking workshop
- Goal 1: Consumption of Vermont-produced food by Vermonters and regional consumers will measurably increase.
- Goal 2: Consumers in institutional settings (e.g., K-12 schools, colleges, state agency cafeterias, hospitals, prisons) will consume more locally produced food.
- Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.