||Executive Director||gusREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@vhcb.org||(802) 828-3250|
- Land access / conservation
- Support organization: Farm Inputs
Business Planning and Technical Assistance
- Land access
- Legal and estate planning
New toolkit to help Vermont towns, cities, and regions increase food access.
- Goal 4: Options for farmers to reduce their production expenses will be widely disseminated and utilized.
- Goal 5: Agricultural lands and soils will be available, affordable, and conserved for future generations of farmers and to meet the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Goal 7: Local food production—and sales of local food—for all types of markets will increase.
- Goal 8: Vermont’s dairy industry is viable and diversified.
- Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Goal 11: Vermont’s food processing and manufacturing capacity will expand to meet the needs of a growing food system.
- Goal 14: Safe edible food typically thrown away will be rescued to feed people, and organics from farms (e.g., manure) and consumer food scraps will be diverted from landfills and waterways to produce animal feed, compost, and feedstock for anaerobic digesters.
- Goal 17: The number of locally owned and operated food system businesses in Vermont is increasing.
- Goal 18: Vermont’s food system establishments will provide safe & welcoming working conditions, livable wages, & have access to a skilled, reliable workforce.
- Goal 19: Business planning and technical assistance services will be highly coordinated, strategic, and accessible to Vermont’s food system businesses.
- Goal 22: Food system enterprises will minimize their use of fossil fuels and maximize their renewable energy, energy efficiency, and conservation opportunities.
- Goal 25: Food system market development needs will be strategically coordinated.