1. Types of Information and Method of Collection
General Information Collection
- By Site Requirement. To register as a member of this Site you are required to provide the following Personally Identifiable Information: your name and a personal, active e-mail address.
- By User’s Voluntary Submission. When using the review, comment, message, or any other feature of the Site that allows for unilateral or multilateral communication between yourself and other users of the Site, you may choose to provide other Personally Identifiable Information. If you post Personally Identifiable Information anywhere on the Site, it will be available to third parties and you may receive unsolicited messages from those parties. VSJF has no obligation to ensure the security or confidentiality of any information you choose to make available in any forum, blog, review, comment, message, or any other feature of the Site that allows for unilateral or multilateral communication between yourself and other users of the Site. Also, VSJF cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose Personally Identifiable Information.
Information on Children
VSJF does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 14. On-line registration and Site usage is intended for use by persons to exchange anonymous or non-anonymous messages relating to personal relationships. If VSJF learns that it has Personally Identifiable Information on a child under the age of 14, VSJF will delete that information from its systems. VSJF encourages parents and guardians to monitor children’s online usage. Parental control protections, such as computer hardware, software or filtering services, are commercially available to limit the access to material that is harmful to minors.
2. How Information Collected is Used
VSJF may use the information collected and provided, individually or in an aggregate form, as follows:
- to contact you about the Site;
- to compare and otherwise use data entered by users for any purpose including consulting, research and marketing;
- to evaluate products and services VSJF or third parties could offer to you;
- to monitor or improve use of the Site;
- to customize the advertising and content you see on the Site;
- to provide special offers to you from VSJF and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties; and
- to send you promotional material on behalf of VSJF and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties.
3. With Whom Information is Shared
At times, we may share the information collected on this Site with third parties for various purposes. While VSJF will seek to require those third parties to follow appropriate privacy policies and security measures, VSJF does not bear responsibility for any actions or policies of third parties. The following outlines the ways in which your information may be shared with others:
User Data: We may share information you provide, including, but not limited to, strings, analytic information determinable from your interactions with the Site, narratives, reviews, ratings, associations (e.g., brand selections), forwards, rewards, forms, links, received exchanges, all public and private discussions, forums, e-mails, and messaging on the Site for any purpose. However, VSJF will not, without your prior permission, share such information in a form that allows other members or third parties to link it to any Personally Identifiable Information.
Promotional Offers: Our third party partners and sponsors may use your user name to contact you through the Site with special offers or promotional material. We will not provide third party partners or sponsors with any of the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to VSJF when you register as a member on the Site. Any Personally Identifiable Information that you post voluntarily in a chat room, forum, or message board on the Web site may be accessed by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, and you should review the privacy practices of such third parties prior to providing any of your Personally Identifiable Information to them. If you do not want to receive special offers or promotional materials from VSJF or third parties, you may either “opt-out” during the registration process, change your user preferences later on, or contact VSJF by using the contact information provided in Section 8, below.
Aggregate Information: We may share aggregate information, such as general demographics and Site usage statistics, with third party advertisers, sponsors or other organizations. The general demographic information may include how many users are registered as members on the Site. We do not share specific demographic information. When general demographic information is shared with third parties, we do not provide them with the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to VSJF when you register as a member on the Site.
VSJF Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with employees, agents, parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates of VSJF.
Business Transfers: The Site, VSJF and/or a subsidiary or division of VSJF may be sold along with its assets, or other transactions may occur in which your Personally Identifiable Information is one of the business assets transferred. In such a case, your Personally Identifiable Information, which we have gathered, may be one of the business assets we transfer.
Legal Process: VSJF reserves the right to disclose the information collected by and through this Site, including your Personally Identifiable Information, as required by law and when VSJF believes that such disclosure is necessary to protect VSJF’s rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, subpoena, court order or other legal process served on VSJF. The disclosure of this information may be without notice to you.
4. Security and Encryption
While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, VSJF takes commercially reasonable precautions to protect the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to VSJF when you register as a member on the Site. We use SSL encryption technology on the Site and a secure server to encrypt information transmitted between your browsers and our server. As a result, Personally Identifiable Information that you submit during the registration process is transmitted using commercially reasonable security over the Internet.
Our security policies are reviewed periodically and revised as required. The servers for the Site that contain Personally Identifiable Information are stored in a physically secure and climate controlled off-site facility. We protect against data loss by backing-up data, performing, consistency checks and restricting access to information on our servers. It is important to remember that whatever you transmit or disclose online can be collected and used by others or unlawfully intercepted by third parties. No data transmission over the Internet can be 100% secure.
5. Third Party Links, Websites, and Cookies
6. Notification of Changes
7. Corrections and Updates to Personal Profile
You have the option of reviewing, correcting, updating, modifying, and deleting your Personally Identifiable Information or member profile, at any time and as often as desired by personally changing your profile information or by contacting VSJF by telephone, facsimile, e-mail, or mail by using the contact information in Section 8, below. However, you must always have an active, personal e-mail address registered on the Site.
To the extent that such information is stored in other databases, we cannot always ensure that such corrections or deletions will reach the other databases. We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your information is removed from or corrected in our records.
8. VSJF Contact Information
Contact information is available at: http://www.vtfoodatlas.com.
4837-7176-0660, v. 1