Farm Viability Scaling-up Egg Production: Management, Markets, Regulation, and Finances
This project was developed to assess the potential viability of increased pasture-based
egg production in Vermont. Topics include:
• Best Management Practices recommendations based on current producers
experience and industry recommendations.
• Market analysis and recommendations for local and regional markets.
• Legal analysis of egg regulations and potential structures for an aggregation
• Financial analysis of budgets and start-up costs for 1,000 and 3,000 layer
• Resources for developing or expanding a layer enterprise.