Clyde River Farms and Forest Products Add to Collection
170 Dolloff Mountain Road
Brighton, VT 05846
- Animal feed producer or supplier
- Maple syrup
Retail Food Outlets
- Farm stand / farm store
Maple syrup, squash, pumpkins, hay
- Add to Collection Goal 1: Consumption of Vermont-produced food by Vermonters and regional consumers will measurably increase.
- Add to Collection Goal 2: Consumers in institutional settings (e.g., K-12 schools, colleges, state agency cafeterias, hospitals, prisons) will consume more locally produced food.
- Add to Collection Goal 4: Options for farmers to reduce their production expenses will be widely disseminated and utilized.
- Add to Collection Goal 5: Agricultural lands and soils will be available, affordable, and conserved for future generations of farmers and to meet the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Add to Collection Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Add to Collection Goal 7: Local food production—and sales of local food—for all types of markets will increase.
- Add to Collection Goal 8: Vermont’s dairy industry is viable and diversified.
- Add to Collection Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Add to Collection Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Add to Collection Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.
- Add to Collection Goal 14: Safe edible food typically thrown away will be rescued to feed people, and organics from farms (e.g., manure) and consumer food scraps will be diverted from landfills and waterways to produce animal feed, compost, and feedstock for anaerobic digesters.
- Add to Collection Goal 15: All Vermonters will have access to fresh, nutritionally balanced food that they can afford.
- Add to Collection Goal 22: Food system enterprises will minimize their use of fossil fuels and maximize their renewable energy, energy efficiency, and conservation opportunities.