1 Mill Street
Burlington, VT 05401
||Software Developer/Admin/Sales||adesrochersREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@datasystems.coop||(802) 862-1289|
Data Systems Inc, is a worker coop based in Burlington that has built customized business software for over 30 years. DSI is working with with Vermont companies, such as the maple sugar purveyors at Butternut Mountain Farm and Champlain Orchards, customizing our inventory functionality to automate their ‘on paper’ inventory management processes and increase inventory tracking capability for food safety requirements. After talking with some smaller local food businesses, we seem to have uncovered an unmet need in the regional food system for increased inventory tracking in software. We hope to work with more businesses selling wholesale goods to retailers in the regional food system and assist them with increased traceability capabilities.
Software developer, interest in local food, coops of all forms, and more generally computer science theory.
Business Planning and Technical Assistance
- Packaging and safety
- Production / Processing technical assistance
- Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Goal 7: Local food production—and sales of local food—for all types of markets will increase.
- Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Goal 11: Vermont’s food processing and manufacturing capacity will expand to meet the needs of a growing food system.
- Goal 17: The number of locally owned and operated food system businesses in Vermont is increasing.
- Goal 18: Vermont’s food system establishments will provide safe & welcoming working conditions, livable wages, & have access to a skilled, reliable workforce.
- Goal 19: Business planning and technical assistance services will be highly coordinated, strategic, and accessible to Vermont’s food system businesses.
- Goal 25: Food system market development needs will be strategically coordinated.