Hillsboro Sugarworks Add to Collection
David & Susan Folino
||Co-Owner||shfolinoREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@gmavt.net||802-453-5462||Add to Collection|
Nearly four decades of tapping trees on Hillsboro Mountain, turning sap into sweet maple syrup, we all have come to know and love. Dave has been sugaring since 1979 on this mountain rich with history. Through years of experience, he has mastered the mountain. From buckets, to a steam evaporator he has always been on the edge of new efficiencies. Wanting and willing to try new things as farming/sugaring evolves. Sue has been with the business since its become a full time endeavor in 2003. Since then, she has been the one in the office keeping all the records straight, as well as delivering the finished products to our many, valued customers.
- Maple syrup
- Add to Collection Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Add to Collection Goal 7: Local food production—and sales of local food—for all types of markets will increase.
- Add to Collection Goal 8: Vermont’s dairy industry is viable and diversified.
- Add to Collection Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Add to Collection Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Add to Collection Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.