Northeastern Vermont Development Association Add to Collection
||Senior Planner||alowREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@nvda.net||(802) 748-5181||Add to Collection|
Grant writing/grant administration. Regional planning in the Northeast Kingdom
||Business Manager||Judy.ButsonREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@nvda.net||(802) 748-5181||Add to Collection|
The Regional Revolving Loan Fund is a smaller and more locally-controlled program. It is designed for smaller loans to clients whose proposals don't fit well into other programs.
Business Planning and Technical Assistance
- Access to capital
- Feasibility and planning
- Land access
- Loans / debt
Regulations and Public Policy
- Regulatory authority
Building a skilled workforce while increasing access to fresh, nutritionally balanced food
- Add to Collection Goal 5: Agricultural lands and soils will be available, affordable, and conserved for future generations of farmers and to meet the needs of Vermont’s food system.
- Add to Collection Goal 6: Farms and other food system operations will improve their overall environmental stewardship to deliver a net environmental benefit to the state.
- Add to Collection Goal 7: Local food production—and sales of local food—for all types of markets will increase.
- Add to Collection Goal 9: The majority of farms will be profitable.
- Add to Collection Goal 11: Vermont’s food processing and manufacturing capacity will expand to meet the needs of a growing food system.
- Add to Collection Goal 17: The number of locally owned and operated food system businesses in Vermont is increasing.
- Add to Collection Goal 18: Vermont’s food system establishments will provide safe & welcoming working conditions, livable wages, & have access to a skilled, reliable workforce.
- Add to Collection Goal 19: Business planning and technical assistance services will be highly coordinated, strategic, and accessible to Vermont’s food system businesses.
- Add to Collection Goal 20: Food system entrepreneurs and farmers will have greater access to the right match of capital to meet their financing needs at their stage of growth and for their scale of business.
- Add to Collection Goal 21: Private foundations, state and federal funding sources, the Vermont Legislature, the governor’s administration, and food system investors will coordinate and leverage available resources to maximize the implementation of this Plan.
- Add to Collection Goal 23: Regulations and enforcement capacity will ensure food safety, be scale appropriate, and allow Vermont food enterprises to increase production and expand their market outlets.
- Add to Collection Goal 24: Vermont’s governor, legislature, and state agencies will champion Vermont’s food system as an economic development driver for the state and Vermont will demonstrate national leadership on food system development.
- Add to Collection Goal 25: Food system market development needs will be strategically coordinated.