32 Pleasant St
Woodstock, VT 05091
Sustainable Woodstock is a community action group working in the Woodstock area. We seek to inspire, organize and empower community members to integrate environmentally, economically and socially responsible practices in all aspects of their lives to create a sustainable community. Our action groups include energy, recycling, community gardens and economic development. We support local food initiatives and produce a local food and farm list.
Network Groups: Consumer Education and Marketing
- Local food directories
Food Access and Nutrition
- Community / public garden
- Localvore / Transition Town / Community group
- Goal 1: Consumption of Vermont-produced food by Vermonters and regional consumers will measurably increase.
- Goal 2: Consumers in institutional settings (e.g., K-12 schools, colleges, state agency cafeterias, hospitals, prisons) will consume more locally produced food.
- Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Goal 10: All Vermonters will have a greater understanding of how to obtain, grow, store, and prepare nutritional food.
- Goal 13: Local food will be available at all Vermont market outlets and increasingly available at regional, national, and international market outlets.
- Goal 15: All Vermonters will have access to fresh, nutritionally balanced food that they can afford.