Little Farmers Educator
225 Pavillion Rd.
East Thetford, VT 05043
Little Farmers Educator
Part time, seasonal
May 2nd - Oct 27th
About Cedar Circle Farm and Education Center
Cedar Circle Farm & Education Center is a nonprofit, certified organic farm located on over 50 acres of conserved land along the Connecticut River in East Thetford, Vermont. Our organization has a deep commitment to developing regenerative agriculture systems for our annual vegetable and flower production and to offering educational programming that builds connections between our food, ecosystems, and community.
Our farm is a community hub with a farmstand, retail greenhouses, a farm kitchen, a coffee shop, a cut flower garden, education programs, and unique CSA options. It’s a place where folks can learn about and deepen their appreciation for organic regenerative agriculture.
Our staff is a reflection of our community and is the most essential aspect of our farm. When you join our dynamic team, you’ll have the opportunity to make valuable contributions to our greater mission of promoting organic, regenerative farming and the transition to a localized food economy!
About the Position
Cedar Circle Farm and Education Center seeks an educator to facilitate our Little Farmers program. Little Farmers provides opportunities for kids ages 2-5, along with their caregivers, to explore the farm, the food we grow, and the relationships we have with the natural world. Each week the Little Farmers Educator creates and leads a new sensory place-based lesson that is tied to the changes happening on the farm throughout the season. The program is offered every Tuesday and Friday at 9am and 10am.
This position works approximately 8 hours per week, including planning/preparation time as well as class time, from May through October.
- Design lesson plans in collaboration with the Education Department staff, which focus on the general themes of food, farming, and ecology
- Provide a welcoming, fun, and safe space for children and their caregivers
- Facilitate lesson plans in ways that encourage learners to use their senses to explore the farm and the surrounding ecosystem
- Gather and prepare materials needed for class each week
- Manage class registration on our website
- Experience teaching and developing lesson plans for early childhood students
- Enthusiasm for experiential, place-based, inclusive education
- Passion for sharing food, agriculture, and ecology with preschool students
- A willingness to engage with families and their children in order to establish long lasting relationships with our community
- The physical and mental ability to teach outdoors in all types of weather
Cedar Circle Farm is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hourly rate is $16 per hour. Benefits include sick time accrual, fresh produce, and discount to our farm stand.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter in the application on our website: https://cedarcirclefarm.org/employment-app.