Posted May 25, 2022 at 08:34pm by Jake Claro
Strengthening Community Support of Older Vermonters Grant Opportunity - Deadline Approaching!!
The deadline for applying to the Central Vermont Council on Aging (CVCOA) Strengthening Community Support of Older Vermonters community grant opportunity is fast approaching!
These grants will support aging services in Central Vermont and are funded by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (“ARPA”). CVCOA is joined by the Area Agencies on Aging throughout Vermont in offering this grant opportunity.
The deadline to apply for grant funding is April 1st, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
The Strengthening Community Support of Older Vermonters grant will provide limited financial support to communities and partners who are addressing the physical, social, and emotional needs of older adults in central Vermont. This financial support will help develop and strengthen the support services that older adults need to continue living independently and to thrive in the communities they know and love.
Grant applicants must be a 501(c)(3) organization, a local government entity, or be associated with a 501(c)(3) organization acting as their fiscal agent. To be eligible for funding, proposed projects and activities must meet Older American Act requirements that funds be used to support:
- Low-income older individuals,
- Low-income minority older individuals,
- Older individuals with limited English proficiency,
- Older individuals residing in rural areas,
- Focused development of resources to help build greater capacity, and advance the development/implementation of a comprehensive and coordinated system of service to older adults,
- Operational capacity and proven track records,
- Ability to provide data, quality results/outcomes related to the investment to your area agency on aging.
For complete application details and grant criteria, please visit www.cvcoa.org.
For questions or more information about the Strengthening Community Support of Older Vermonters grant, please contact Jeanne Kern, CVCOA Director of Community Services, at email@example.com or (802) 576-2671.