38 Eastwood Drive Suite 100
South Burlington, VT 05403
||3SquaresVT Advocate||fmackREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@hungerfreevt.org||(802) 865-0255|
||Executive Director||mparisiREMOVETHISBEFORESENDING@hungerfreevt.org||(802) 865-0255|
Anore Horton, MA, MAT, Certified Adult Educator Child Nutrition Advocacy Manager Hunger Free Vermont Anore leads the Child Nutrition Advocacy Team, which works with schools, community organizations, food service providers, state and federal policymakers, and agency partners to develop and expand federally funded school lunch and breakfast programs, afterschool and summer meal programs, and childcare meal programs throughout Vermont. Hunger Free Vermont’s mission is to end the injustice of hunger and malnutrition for all Vermonters.
Network Groups: Health
Food Access and Nutrition
- Cooking / nutrition classes
- Child meal site / nutrition programs
- Supplemental assistance programs
- Support organization: Food Access and Nutrition
Regulations and Public Policy
- Advocacy organization
Hunger Free Vermont supports Farm to School participation, funding, and local food purchasing power
- Goal 3: Vermonters will exhibit fewer food-related health problems (e.g., obesity and diabetes).
- Goal 15: All Vermonters will have access to fresh, nutritionally balanced food that they can afford.
- Goal 18: Vermont’s food system establishments will provide safe & welcoming working conditions, livable wages, & have access to a skilled, reliable workforce.
- Goal 23: Regulations and enforcement capacity will ensure food safety, be scale appropriate, and allow Vermont food enterprises to increase production and expand their market outlets.
- Goal 24: Vermont’s governor, legislature, and state agencies will champion Vermont’s food system as an economic development driver for the state and Vermont will demonstrate national leadership on food system development.
- Goal 25: Food system market development needs will be strategically coordinated.