COVID-19 Support Grassroots Fund Seed Grants Available
The Grassroots Fund is making its rapid response Seed grant program available to grassroots groups responding to local needs and building resilience in their community in response to the COVID19 pandemic and associated events. They commit to making decisions and getting dollars out the door as fast as they can.
Up to $1,000
Some examples of use:
• Food supplies for isolated community members
• Mileage for volunteers dropping off supplies or checking in
• Childcare coverage for community members needing support
• Support for technology to continue organizing/meeting
• Expenses related to rescheduling events
• Partnering with local media outlets to continue to educate and raise awareness
• Grant applications must respond to a challenge or need in communities as a result of the COVID19 outbreak.
• Though the typical Seed grant program is still available (with 4-6 week turnaround time), this rapid response grant is not intended to support ongoing programs and projects.
• Available for community-driven efforts (volunteer-driven, guidelines of budget <$100k & no more than 2 full-time staff equivalents )
• We will continue to require a minimum of 3 people involved in the effort
• We will continue to use our general Seed grant application - please answer the questions as best you are able, and let us know if you have questions
• Groups can apply to Seed grants, event if the group currently has an active grant or application for another project
• Staff will plan to have a 30-minute applicant call, but decision turn around time will be rapid (goal of a several days)
• We commit to getting grant checks out the door immediately when agreement letters are signed and returned
If you have any questions about this process, please reply to this email, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.